Monday, May 18, 2009

KLMBH Epic Ride2

This year's Epic Ride can be considered as all round MTB ride. You have uphills, downhills, river crossing, mud, fast fireroads, singletracks,etc. HYH told me that the members of KLMBH cleared some ares to create trails specifically for this ride. Such dedication! We are honored to have taken part in this year's ride.

1st traffic jam. Waiting for turns to go down the river stream

Lee CH

With clear cool water running, I wished we had time to enjoy nature's delight.

Lee CH with the Titiwangsa Range as background

Abundance of single track like this. Willy pushing his bike.

After Check Point 3, we came the a downhill. It was steep with about 45degree angle and distance of about 50 meters. I should have got down and push but for some reason, decided to go for it. Just down 10 feet and I fell off the saddle. I must have put too much weight at the back and lost control. I quickly got up (out of embarrassment) and although was feeling some ache around the inner thigh, told LeeCH and Willy that I was ok. Then I looked down at my right leg, there was a 3" cut and the blood was flowing down to the ankle. A quick look and I knew the ride is over. The crank had cut it deep. There is no way I can continue as paddling will only make the cut bigger and make me loss more blood.
I made my way up and luckily one of the organiser's people was there to summons help. I must take this opportunity to thank a Chinese rider who sprayed Opsite on my wound and got it dried up faster and another Malay rider who had bandages with him and that help to close up the wound while waiting for help to come. Sorry I didn't get your names and I appreciate the help Guys!
The hare of the ride, Ajis came by motorbike and brought me to a Government clinic to get the wound clean. He later sent me to my car and I drove to a clinic in Batang Kali town for stitches. I have had a good share of falls during all these years of cycling but this one takes the cake for the deepest and longest cut. 5 stitches as remembrance of 2009 KLMBH Epic Ride.

After the ride, we had our food and drinks at Al-Salma's restaurant. While we were eating, Fendy's eagle eyes caught attention of a pretty young thing walking by. She was with her family and I guess are part of the the organiser's group as they were seen helping at the registration counter. I take my hat off to Fendy who was man enough to go up to the mum and asked for permission to borrow her daughter for a group photo. All the best in your quest Fendy!

We took the Genting Highland way back to Malacca and stopped at the cable car station one last time for this photo shoot.

Something to remember this year's ride. Managed to ride 30 out of 54 km. Never fear for I will be back next year.

2 comments:

ako said...

pergh bro...
U main DH ka...
teruk2...

relax bro..
no pain no gain...
huhuhu......

Ben Soon said...

Nasib tak berapa baik. Kesal tak tolak basikal. Yang rugi ialah tak dapat habiskan trek sepenuhnya.