Monday, February 9, 2009

Exploring Malacca town

I have to confess that I am not an early bird. I would rather stay up late and watch some movie or documentary than sleep early. So much so that when I really want to sleep early so that I can get up early for a cycling activity, it always fails and I end up lying in bed with the mind unable to switch off.

A long time cycling buddy, Lim HT sent me a message just before CNY and asked if I wanted to join him exploring Malacca town as he had been away on work assignment. "OK" I replied back, "What time?" and the reply came "7.00 am meet at your place". Alamak, that means I have to wake up about 6.40 am!

Anyway, I managed to get up early and showed Lim HT the new developments of Malacca.

Spice garden
Waking up early to see the sun rise warming up the cool dawn was nice experience not mentioning the sight as well.

Board walk.
My favourite ride area that I am proud to say that after sharing the route to the other Malacca riders, it has become a regular night ride route.


This was my first time riding over the recently built wooden walkway by the river front. The landscape areas around the tourist belt has changed so much within the last year or so.

Interesting sight where the pigeons seem to fight over each other to cling on the wall. I guess they are after the minerals in the walls.


Another sight of the river front.

Monitor lizard swimming by

A replica of a water wheel that our CM saw in Jordan
I have to thank Lim HT for the early ride. As a local boy who only pass these areas mainly at night, it was a nice change of perspective.

No comments: