Saturday, July 4, 2009

The week it was

What a week to remember.
It started on Tuesday 23rd June when Grace and I went for breakfast. I read the newspaper starting from the back. Then something caught my attention in the obituary section - a familiar face. Hey, I told Grace that I know this guy. I have seen him many times somewhere and the fact that he was the same age as me suggested that he might even be the same school.

Further enquiries revealed the cause of death.

It happened on 21st June, Sunday where Jerry Lee had durians in the afternoon. Then it was off to the Sunday Hash run in the evening. As they say hashing and drinking are part and parcel of the activity and hashers are known to drink excessively after the run - Drinkers with a Running problem. I know a few running hash members and they are good drinkers. I am not sure how much Jerry drank but it is a known fact that alcohol and durian does not go well. As he was driving back after the food and drinks, the deadly mixture must have taken effect and he passed away.

My condolenses to Jerry Lee Kuek Leong's family.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

26th July. We were preparing our children for school in the early morning on Friday, I on the tv to catch the Singapore morning news as our place gets clear Singapore channel 5 and 8. As I was dressing up Sam, my eyes was on her and ears was on the tv, I heard something about Michael Jackson. The newscaster repeated the news again and it was something about MJ dead.

That was dreadful news. The King of Pop is no longer around. The music and the message that MJ had on us was undeniably strong and we will always remember him. I am sure many of you have had some life changing moments that his songs had on us. As for us, Grace and I used his song "The Way You Make Me Feel" as our opening song in our marriage video.

We will miss you, MJ. Rest In Peace.

No comments: