Thursday, June 5, 2008

Gunung Ledang Ride (31.5.08)

Last Sunday (31.5.08) was a ride to Gunung Ledang. ...Ok, let me repeat and emphasize a particular word.
Last Sunday was a ride to GUNUNG Ledang. Yep, a group of us rode up Mount Ophir. Not an easy feat if you are not a regular cyclist. Almost all of us cycled up to (almost) the peak of 1300 meters above sea level. We could have gone all the way to the top if not for our security forces prohibiting civilians from entering the water catchment dam area which is considered Restricted Area. Well, almost is as good as it gets.

Woke up at an unearthly hour of 6.30am on a beautiful Sunday morn. Actually, struggled to get up because the night before, my wife and I went to KL for a function and got back about 1am and only hit the sheets at 2am.
Quickly put my stuff in the van and drove to Ah Keong's house as I am car pooling with him.. Met the rest of the gang at Ayer Keroh Heights foodcourt for breakfast and then headed to the tol to Tangkak.

Regrouping at Tangkak town.
My old faithful Specialized with her new friend Ms Cannondale
Muscles all loosen and warmed up and ready to go after the group photo

After the nice steady ride up which I considered an achievement for not putting down my foot, I thought we had reached our destination but found out that this ranger station was actually the start of the ride. Ok, regroup for another group photo.
Nice parking bay for our bikes
Beautiful scenery and many of us felt as though we were riding in Penang during Kayuh Lasak.

The bridge where our bikes are parked.
Pang singing Beatle's song, The Long And Winding Road as he rides
I've never fancied eating tuna but when you are hungry after riding more than an hour going up all the way, sandwich never looked so good and yummy.
Taking a well deserved break
Not a good sign for smokers. Every cigarate butt is accounted for
Scenery worth cycling for.Good job to everyone for riding up 1300 meters above sea level and hope to do it again,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guys,

Where can I see more pictures here ?? Thanks.

Peter Lim